HYAA runs three soccer programs for children ages PreK-12.
More information for each season below:
The Fall Soccer program runs from September through early November for children in grades PreK-8. Registration takes place from May to July. Players will be notified by their coaches in late August. Games are held on Saturdays. Players in Grades 1-8 will have practices once a week at the coaches convenience. Kindergarten players do not have weekly practices.
Winter Indoor Soccer
Winter Indoor Soccer Skills are held Januaary through March at Soccer Etc. in Hanover. Players are grouped by grade and gender. Program meets once a week on Sundays.
The Spring Soccer program runs from April through early June for children in grades PreK-12 and can included some college freshman, depending upon the players age. Registration for players in grade 3-12 takes place during Fall Registration Period in Sep/Oct. Registration for players in grades PreK-2 takes place during the Registration period of January/March. Games are held on Saturdays with practices held once a week for players in 1st grade and older. Players will be notified by their coaches in early April.
The Spring Season is a travel league for players in Grades 3-12 and tryouts are necessary during the Fall for all players in grades 5-8.
Our Spring Soccer teams participate in the Coastal Youth Soccer League. Due to league regulations all teams must be submitted in early January. Because of this all players in Grade 3-8 must commit to their teams when rosters are announced in December. Due to fines imposed by the league, any cancellations/player drops made after December 20th will not receive a refund or credit to their account.
|The Parent's Guide:
An Introduction to Youth Soccer US Youth Soccer has announced the launch of an interactive online tool to assist parents as they support their youth athlete. Designed for parents in the game of soccer to aid their efforts in growing spirit without limiting the child,
The Parent's Guide - An Introduction to Youth Soccer:
The Parents Guide is an overview of best practices and philosophy, answering questions ranging from:
- How to be supportive soccer parents
- How to meet your child's needs
- The ride home
- Dealing with your child's coach.
- To review the online Parents Guide please click here.
- Parent's should watch their children's games from the opposite side of the field as their child's team. All coaches and teams on one side and spectators on the other.
For both Fall and Spring Soccer players are grouped according to school grade as indicated below:
PreK - must be 4 years old by September 1st
Kindergarten - must be 5 years old by September 1st
In Spring we also have
Children are not allowed to play "up". They must play with their age group/school grade.
- Registration from May 15th to July 31st. Beginning June 15th an additional $35.00 late fee will be added.
- A waitlist will be open after registration closes. Players on the Waitlist will not be assigned to teams until week 2 of the program.
- All registration fees must be paid at the time of registration or risk being cancelled.
- Go to online registration
- Grades 5-8 - Open online from October 1st-October 27th for grades 5-8.Tryouts will be held for players in this grade and pre-registration is required.
- Grades 3-4 and High School - Open online from November 1st - December 4th. Teams for these age groups must be submitted to the league early in January. Formal team rosters are submitted and team numbers are set early so late adds may not be accepted. Please register on time.
- PreK - Grade 2 - Open online from January 15th - February 28th.
- There will be a late registration period at the end of each registration window. A $35.00 additional charge will be added to late registrations. Early registration is imperative for season planning, uniform and equipment ordering. Please help us by registering on time.
- Registration fees must be paid at the time of registration or risk being deleted.
- Go to online registration