In it's 8th year, HYAA is proud to offer a wonderful wrestling program for the student athletes of Hanover. We offer an 8 week, 16 session youth wrestling program for students in grades K-8. No previous wrestling experience is needed. The focus of the program is to enforce the fundamentals of wrestling and allow your child to experience the thrill of a competitive sport that Ãƒƒƒƒƒƒƒ¯»¿teaches them skills like body control, body awareness and quick reaction that they can take back and apply to any other sport that they participate in.
Through wrestling, kids develop strength, balance, flexibility, Ãƒƒƒƒƒƒƒ¯»¿endurance Ãƒƒƒƒƒƒƒ¯»¿and most importantly, confidence in their abilities. These attributes are the basis of all competitive sports. Exposure to wrestling will help your child excel in other sports such as football, soccer, track and much more!
- Ãƒƒƒƒƒƒƒ¯»¿Ãƒƒƒƒƒƒƒ¯»¿Ãƒƒƒƒƒƒƒ¯»¿Peter Frank
- John Geary
- Mike Bolduc
- Joe Curran
- Jamie Karvelis
- Steve Stepanian
- Tim Costello
- Brian Conrad
Practice Schedule and Location:
Mighty Mites: Grades K-1
Youth: Grades 2-3
¿DAYS: TU, WE and TH
TIME: 5:30pm - 7pm
Middle: Grades 4th - 8th
DAYS: TU, WE and TH
TIME: 7pm - 8:30pm
TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE - BASED ON PARTICIPATION
All practices will be held at the Sylverster School Auditorium
- Wrestling Shoes, and Head Gear (available at Olympia sports, Sports Authority, Dicks Sporting goods and many on-line stores)
- Mouth guards are optional except for wrestlers that are currently wearing braces. If your child is wearing braces, then they must wear a mouth guard without the tether
- Singlet...Will be provided by HYAA
In the event of inclement weather and closure of the Public Schools, there will be no practice or meet scheduled.
Please visit this site often to view updated practice, meets and tournament information.
- Opens online from Sep 1st - Nov 15th
- Registration Fee is $100 per player ($50 K-1)
- All registration fees must be paid at the time of registration or they will be deleted.
- Go to online registration
- Season starts the week after Thanksgiving and ends after the New England Tournament (TBD)