HYAA Wrestling was founded in 2008 and has been growing strong ever since.
We are proud to offer this program to the student athletes of Hanover.
This is an 8-12 week program (based on your level of participation).
It is a "skills style" program that focuses on teaching the younger athletes the basic fundamentals of wrestling as well as some basic physical fitness.
Participation in tournament competition is encouraged, but not required.
- Season starts on November 27th
- Sessions for grades K-1 will be one day per week - Day TBD
- Sessions for grades 2-8 will be 3 times per week - Days and Times TBD
- Practices will be held at the Hanover Mall in the space formerly known as
- AC Moore/Halloween Adventure. Entrance is near the Walmart end of the Mall.
Below please find a few links that may help you understand the sport of wrestling:
Parent's Guide to Wrestling
Understanding and Scoring the Match
Referee Signals Chart
Hanover Wrestling Tournament Checklist
Some Additional Do's and Dont's
- Dec 10th : Red Devil Rumble Tourney, Burlington MA
- Dec 17th : Hanover Takedown Tourney, Hanover MA
- Dec 23rd: Fitchburg Holiday Tourney, Fitchburg MA
- Jan 7th : Kryptonite Youth Tourney, North Attelboro MA
- Jan 13th : Ed Deeley Tourney Natick, MA
- Jan 21st: Hanover Invitational Hanover, MA
- Jan 28th: MYWA K-4 State Championship
- Feb 4th : MYWA grade 5-8 Sectionals
- Feb 11th: MYWA Big East Tournament
- Feb 18th MYWA grade 5-8 State Championships
- March 10-11th New Englands Championships, North ANdover, MA
Registration opens October 1st and closes October 31st
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION
Mike Bolduc - firstname.lastname@example.org
John Geary - email@example.com